The CHIEF Awards
A Call for Best Practices by Caribbean Hoteliers and Tourism-Related Businesses
About the CHIEF Awards…
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA) is committed to advancing the quality, sustainability and profitability of the tourism industry in the region. The CHIEF Awards have been established to recognize successful practices which CHTA member hotels and tourism-related enterprises have adopted in any of the following four categories:
SALES AND MARKETING
Who May Submit Nominations:
Nominations may be submitted by:
- A company that is a currently active CHTA member, or a fellow member of a National Hotel & Tourism Association
- Ministry and Departments of Tourism
- Travel Industry Partners (i.e. OTAs, Travel Intermediaries, trade press, etc.)
- CHTA Strategic Partners and Sponsors
- The General Public
What is the Selection Criteria?
A panel of judges representing top industry professionals in their respective areas will review all nominations and make their selections. A three stage judging process is as follows:
1. Nominations are submitted to CHTA through their respective National Hotel and Tourism Association.
2. A panel of judges reviews each nomination.
3. Submissions are rated and three finalists with the overall winner are identified for each category.
Submissions will be rated on:
- Approach Undertaken
- Results Achieved
- Application of Approach as a Best Practice
Note: Visuals, videos, charts, graphs, etc. may be included to support the nomination, up to three additional pages to accompany this application to illustrate approaches and/or accomplishments. You are encouraged to provide deep detail within the sections of this application.
How Will Finalists and Winners Be Recognized?
The top three finalists in each category will be invited to present their best practice at the annual Caribbean Hospitality Industry Exchange Forum. The finalists and overall winner will be recognized at the forum’s awards session.
All submissions must be received by April 12th.
Disclaimer:The CHIEF Awards have been established to recognize and promote the industry’s best practices and to encourage similar initiatives by other businesses. In submitting their nomination, all nominees agree that CHTA will recognize their company and its best practice in future communications with CHTA members, the media and industry partners.